Tuesday 18 November 2014

Cost of living in London

Planning how much money to bring is a HUGE thing bugging my brain at the moment. The current exchange  rate is RM5.52 to £1!! Should I spend money on food, or should I fill my luggage with maggi cups and later fill the empty space with souvenirs to bring home.

How much would visits to museums and tour buses cost me? Or should I just stay cooped up in my room after class? Here's a little insight into how much things would cost in London, thanks to London Prices. (*After this entry was posted, I went back to the original website and realised that it was last updated in 2007! Holy moly...expect an increase of 10% or so for these prices)

Yay..free visits to museums and what else? A cheapie seat at a West End Show? We'll see.

\
The basic ingredients are not so expensive, and do look away from those scallops and king prawns. Will be drinking gallons of milk with sauteed aubergine with onions and carrots in butter, I think!

Tap water is safe to drink in UK, generally. Not sure in this cosmopolitan city. Lunch would consist of a Mars Bar and a can of Coke then. Will come back skinnier and a diabetic, oh dear!

I'm only posting this one in reference to the game of pool and the packet of crisps! What else would I be interested in you think? Hahahahaha!!!!

6 comments:

  1. This trip must be different and more meaningful than those during your salad days...may you come back with added knowledge to guide all of us..insya allah...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks wawa! Oh yes, InsyaAllah...may Allah give me a good clear brain next week and the week after!

      Delete
  2. Bring a lot of ketupat mini.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea muna. I wish ada kuah kacang instant sold in temerloh, tapi takde. I saw loads in Banting. :(

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Just bought Adabi's. One with meat and another with chicken.

      Delete